Dogs are licensed each year during the month of June and licenses can be obtained via either walk-in at the Town Clerk's Office (Town Hall) or mail-in registration.
All new and renewal licenses require a copy of your dog's current rabies certificate from a veterinarian. Licenses for a new dog that has not been licensed in the prior year also require a copy
of the spay/neutered certificate, if applicable.
If licensing via walk-in registration, be sure to bring the required documents and payment (cash or check) with you at the time of application. If licensing via mail-in registration, a
self-addressed stamped envelope would be appreciated in addition to the required documents and proper payment.
Click HERE to register your dog online
Click HERE to download a dog license application
Neutered and spayed dogs
Non-neutered and spayed dogs
Late licensing penalty
$1.00 per month of fraction, thereof starting in July
$1.00 for new license tax if already licensed
Transfer of ownership
Change of Residency (town)
$50.00 (plus .10 per tags for 10 tags)
$100.00 (plus .10 per tags more than 10 tags)
- All dogs six months and older
must be licensed
- All dogs three months and older are required to be vaccinated against rabies.
- All dogs must wear a collar or harness. The license and rabies tags must be attached to sucj collar or
harness at all times.
- A dog without tags will be considered unlicensed and unvaccinated and fines may be issued.
- All dog licenses expires on June 30th each year.
- All cats must be up to date with rabies vaccinations.