Fingerprinting is currently offered on Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30am-3:30pm by appointment only.
Please call 203-577-4030 x.4 to schedule an appointment.
Fingerprinting services for employment is $10 per card, $15 for two cards. You must supply your own card.
Pistol Permit Processing
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AND FEES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE) ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE INITIAL PROCESSING OF YOUR FIREARM PERMIT APPLICATION:
1. The application for permit to carry pistols and revolvers (CT State form DESPP-799C)
2. The required information for firearms permit application (Middlebury PD Form PD-172)
3. Approved Handgun Safety and Training Course Certificate
(The course of instruction must consist of no less than the NRA’s Basic Pistol Course Live Fire)
4. State of Connecticut Driver’s License or State of Connecticut I.D. Card
5. Certified copy of birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Document issued by I.C.E.
6. A color passport size photograph taken within the last three months.
Please provide an alternate phone number where you can be notified of the status of your pistol permit application.
PAYMENT – Cash (exact change only), or separate checks or money orders made out to the following:
1. TOWN OF MIDDLEBURY $70.00
2. TOWN OF MIDDLEBURY $88.25
Upon receipt of all the above properly completed documents, background investigations are conducted by this department, the Connecticut State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The investigation could take 14-16 weeks to complete.
If the outcome of this investigation is satisfactory, you will be notified by telephone to pick up your temporary (60-day) pistol permit to carry firearms at Middlebury Police Headquarters.
Within the 60-day period, you must go to DESSP Division of the Connecticut State Police Pistol Permit Location to obtain your State of Connecticut Pistol Permit.